Monday, March 19, 2012

Pandas



So obviously one of the first things someone thinks about when thinking of China, is the Giant Panda. Some facts about the Giant Panda--the Giant Panda bear's diet is 99% vegetarian and consists of bamboo, are native to central-western and south-western China, and sadly the Giant Panda is an endangered species due to habitat loss and low birthrate both in the wild and in captivity.

Before deciding to adopt from China, I never really thought much about Pandas, but let me tell you  that now it seems to be all I look for.  I am not sure if it's me wanting to provide Lottie with a cultural background of her  native homeland, or because it is more comforting to me to find a Panda and feel closer to my sweet baby.  Regardless, Lottie sure has a lot of Pandas, I seem to scope them out no matter where I am: grocery shopping, at the airport, and of course Target.   

Recently we received a gift from a dear friend and the message inside just pulled at my heart and confirmed my need to buy Pandas..

"So my favorite thing from China, used to be a Panda, but that all changes with your arrival. I cannot wait to meet you and become your Auntie!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment