Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Winn



"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate."

~ Oprah Winfrey

Today is the day we celebrate life and a day we have been waiting for since last March, when we decided to adopt from China. On April 23rd, Winn turned 30 years old, And we have met the last criteria set by the Chinese government. Below is part of a letter, written to Charlotte Lee about this momentous day.

Letter to Charlotte Lee:

Sweet baby Charlotte,
This past year has been one of the most amazing and surprising years of my life. I never knew how much love I could have for such a tiny person across the world. On April 23rd, I finally turned 30 years old and my heart grew 30 times bigger. From now on my birthday will fall second as now April 23rd is the day I finally can make our reunion possible. I was born to be your Mommy and you were born to be my daughter. Our Red Thread is slowly pulling us closer together. Now I will continue to wait as my heart knows we are destined to be together, one perfect day we will be together. Sweet baby hold on cause your Momma is coming ♥
Love,
Mommy

1 comment: