Sunday, April 14, 2013

The BUG Bite

Well we have been MIA for the past month and have a pretty good excuse....

FIRST we  BOTH enjoyed a full month off from work & spent the time loving on our sweet baby girl...

AND...

We had some very interesting medical issues we needed to tend to, put a little damper on our month but we are happy to report we are healthy!

So a brief rundown of the madness

Winn came home with bug bite from China (remember the post about the arm infection?) this bite turned into cellulitis & the bug bite the size of a pea turned into a golf ball size bump on my arm. First appointment Dr. gave antibiotics & shots, but by day 4 no improvment, Dr opened the bite, drained it and packed the wound for 5 days (lovely I know), then  a new round of antibiotics were given, I  tested positive for MRSA and more antibiotics were prescribed.  By day 8 I began running a 103 fever with hives ( which lasted for 4 days) and by day 13 I had a scary allergic reaction to sulfa based antibiotics which took me by ambulance & landed me in ICU! By day 26 I am off all medications, have an epipen due to my sulfa based allergy, and a small scar on my right arm to remind me of this experience

We are greatful for our Dr.s and medical group in Austin & we are so thankful this little medical emergency happened they way it did as Scott was home & although it was a BAD situation it happened with the best scenarios


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's an adventure you don't want to repeat, eh?! Yikes! SO glad it turned out well, all things considered, and for God's protection on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so sorry to hear of your ordeal. I just came upon your post and could not refrain from sharing the following information. I would highly recommend researching the work of Microbiologist, Michelle Moore. She had a resistant case of staph herself and out of necessity developed her own safe, effective and even natural treatment protocol that is extremely effective. Her work is here: www.staph-infection-resources.com God bless!! I hope that you have this taken care of soon, never to return as it can be pesky.

    ReplyDelete