Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sisters

Charlotte Lee Wei & Bethany Lin Capri
"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."
 
 
I've always wanted daughters, ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of the day of having a family and all of my daughters ( I think at one point I wanted 8 daughters, now thinking 4 may be a good number and a son would be a blessing as well).  As a young girl a dreamed of adoption, I played with my dolls each one different yet perfect in their own way.  Often friends would question how these baby dolls could be sisters, they don't look alike.  I would confidently say "you don't need to look alike to be sisters" and I would take the time to explain adoption and how one day this would be how my family would look.
 
This photograph gives me chills, for one it beautifully captured my most precious gifts, my beautiful daughters, but in a selfish way I see my lifelong dream became a reality.  I am so blessed to have these two beautiful girls,  so lucky that God trusts me to be their mother, and all the years ahead to watch them grow.  My daughters may not look like each other but God knew all along that they were meant to be together. 

1 comment: