Friday, October 5, 2012

2011 Year of the Rabbit



 
 
So in the middle of the night I woke up and thought...what is Lottie Lee's Chinese Astrology Sign?  I knew 2012 is the year of the Dragon and remember 2013 is the year of the Snake, but what was the year of 2011? Wide awake at 3 am, I began googling Chinese Zodiacs, and to my surprise, I discovered 2011 was the year of the Rabbit. 
 
Since seeing my daughter's eyes for the first time I knew we were meant to be together and reading that  2011 was the year of the Rabbit just made me smile ear to ear.  I began designing Lottie's nursery 2 years ago and decided on the theme-- my favorite childhood story-- Alice in Wonderland.  And yes, you guessed it, White Rabbits are everywhere.  Couldn't be more fitting.   Read more about Lottie's Nursery: Lottie Lee in Wonderland
 
Characteristics of Rabbits:
 
"Occupying the 4th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Rabbit symbolizes such character traits as creativity, compassion, and sensitivity. Rabbits are friendly, outgoing and prefer the company of others. They also prefer to avoid conflict. In confrontational situations, Rabbits approach calmly and with consideration for the other party. Rabbits believe strongly in friends and family and lacking such bonds can lead to emotional issues.
 
Their serene nature keeps Rabbits from becoming visibly upset. Because they’re serene animals, Rabbits are easily taken advantage of. Their sensitive nature makes them shy away from aggressive or competitive situations. They’re overall conservative and not interested in taking risks.  Classy, sophisticated, expressive, well-mannered and stylish, those born under the Sign of the Rabbit enjoy leaning about cultural issues and learning about people from other countries. Rabbits are most comfortable being home, and their homes are always neat and organized."

 Learn more about Chinese Astrology-What's your sign?


No comments:

Post a Comment