Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Showered with LOVE


My four Aunts, Mom, and Grandmother Charlotte came all the way from Baltimore, MD & Naples, FL to visit and see our new home.  We moved to TX 3 years ago, then purchased our first house, and after announcing our adoption, family thought they would wait to come once the baby arrived. Needless to say our adoption didn't follow the exact timeline we had hoped for, and in June, I was sad that this fall we would not be traveling to China nor coordinating a family visit.  After speaking with my Aunt Maureen, I briefly stated that I had no idea when we would receive a referral and would love for everyone to come see my home regardless of when the baby arrived.  This waiting Momma needed something to look forward to.  A day later everyone booked their flights and the trip was planned for late October.  I was ecstatic! 

Little did we know a referral would be coming in the fall and we were actually going to see our daughter's face prior to my special house guests' visit;  I was ecstatic. Now there is really something to celebrate. 

For anyone who knows me..they know A) I am a planner B) I am OCD and C) I LOVE to host a party/get together..  So with careful planning, I thought of some fun and touristy hot spots to take my family to see while visiting us in the Lone Star State.  I had an itinerary and mapped out every stop,  but one activity I was not expecting, was a surprise BABY shower!

On Friday night I left to pick up Scott from work and when we arrived home there were gifts EVERYWHERE! It was a PINK Christmas! I was beyond thrilled and it was too much fun to open all the wonderful and thoughtful gifts.  Charlotte received the cutest clothes and PJ's, book, dolls, and best of all a gift certificate to buy her car seat!  We were overjoyed and showered with love and support.  The visit was wonderful and will always be a special time to look back on as one of my last memories before Lottie Lee arrives!



No comments:

Post a Comment