Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Abbegail & Winn



As this special day arrives, I think about my mother Abbegail, who gave so much to raise me to be loving, strong and kind. We speak almost every day, and she is always there to guide me and give me the best advice. I cannot wait for Lottie to meet her and to watch her blossom into a Grandmother-Nanna. I think of my sweet Grandmother Mary Charlotte and her strength and wisdom that she continues to bestow on me. On this day I think of my Grandmother Carol Joyce who is up in heaven smiling down on us and watching over our sweet baby. I think of my amazing aunts, my God Mother Charmaine and all those wonderful Mothers who have touched my life. I think of my Mother-in Law Christie who raised my loving husband and how she will make a very special Grandma to Lottie Lee. I think of his Grandmothers Nancy & Marjorie, and what amazing traits they blessed our family with, Scott's Aunts, and all of the other Mothers who loved him and made him the person he is today.

This year I will think of my friends those far and near who truly show me the definition of what it means to be a mother. As each year passes, I watch more of my closest friends embrace Motherhood, and it’s just a beautiful experience and I love each and every one of their children. It’s amazing to watch pure the love of a new mother, whether it’s the concerned glances, loving smiles, or their purest words describing their new found love that they never expected to be so instant and so strong. Throughout this process, I have "met" many new Blog friends who also fell in love with adoption, and a tiny picture of a baby miles away. These mothers encourage me with their stories and daily words of wisdom, and on this day I think of them and their beautiful children that they too adopted.

This year in particular, I think of Lottie's birthmother, although I think of her often and will never be able to express my graditude for giving me the best gift, on this day I will think about how much love she has for her daughter. How hard it must have been to let her baby go. I pray for her in the most sincere way to give her peace and comfort. I wish I could tell her how I appreciate her and her decision to therefore make me a mother. How nobody else will love her more than me, and how I promise to do everything in my power to make her happy and raise her with the best intentions. I will promise on this Mother's day and every day forward to share my visions of her to Lottie Lee, how beautiful she must be, the wonderful traits she passed on, her strengths, and how much she loves her. I will never meet this woman, but she will always be in my heart and a part of it always.

Happy Mother's Day to all the fabulous women who have taught me exactly what is most important and this is LOVE.

As Mother's Day is quickly approaching give the gift that makes a difference
Help fundraise towards Lottie Lee's adoption.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry!!!!! You are already such a wonderful mother! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete