Sunday, May 13, 2012

My "Ah Ha" Moment

Today is Mother's Day, and I wouldn't be completely honest if I didn't admit this day was difficult for me.  Part of me, well ALL of me yearns to have Charlotte in my arms, right now! I am tired of waiting..I just want to be her Mother, to love her, kiss her,  smell her,  and comfort her.  But another day waiting,  the reality is today is just not that day.  Waiting is the hardest part- once we decided to adopt I was ready, but unfortunately this process is long and requires an extreme amount of patience.  Some days are harder than others and I wonder will I ever get to meet this sweet baby I dream about? when will it be my turn?  Why not now? 

Today my prayers and questions were graciously answered, as I sat in Church pondering over these very thoughts, on all days- Mother's Day.  About 10 minutes into the service, I looked 3 pews in front of us to see a Mother affectionately loving on her sweet daughter, who I would guess would be about 3 years old.  The sight was beautiful, Mother holding her daughter, rocking her and just soaking in the moment.  I smiled enjoying staring that the woman's back dressed in a navy dress her hair neatly curled and the little girls pink dress ruffles spilling over her sweet little legs which were tightly wrapped around her Mommy's waist. Moments later did I truly understand why I got a chance to witness the pure love between a mother and daughter.  After catching a glimpse of this little girl's precious face I realized she was adopted and if I could guess I would say she was Chinese. Oprah Winfrey says it best.."It was my "Ah ha" moment, everything made sense.  Tears running down my face I got it, God was telling me he hears my prayers, and I need to be patient.  I need to trust him and know in my heart that this will happen, I will most definitely keep going and with a smile on my face....My dear Charlotte our time apart will be a distant memory we must stay strong, for it will be here soon.

"Traveling at such a slow pace,
Do you think you can ever get there?"
A fast steed asked the lame turtle
"Yes, as long as I keep going," said the turtle
-From Chinese saying, "Bo bie quian li" "A lame turtle goes a thousand miles"

No comments:

Post a Comment