Friday, May 4, 2012

Michigan Baby Shower!



12 years ago I joined Delta Zeta sorority and met some of my best friends.  We spent the majority of our college years living in close quarters at 600 West Forrest Ave and our friendship grew into a true sisterhood.  Although graduation was a short 4 years later, we all continued to stay as close if not closer through the years, we experianced our first real jobs, we attended and stood up in each others weddings, and now watch as each other become mothers (All boys-Liam, Lincoln, Lucas, & Blake until later this month the first DZ legacy-Iris Elise).  My DZ sisters surpised me this past weekend with a baby shower for Charlotte.  It was such a wonderful and fun evening.  And did I mention "oh so perfect"

Knowing,Alice in Wonderland is my absolute favorite, as well as the theme for Lottie's nursery the girls decked the tables with teacups brimming with flowers,  gorgeous teapots, decks of cards and some of LewisCarroll's best quotes.  The dinner was set with fine china, as 10 friends sat and shared stories of our past, sipped on wine and discussed how  all hope we can share stories for decades to come.  We laughed, we cried, and decorated onesies and bibs for Lottie Lee.  The girls showered me with gifts and the cutest of cute outfits for our sweet baby.  Each outfit was sweeter than the next, and truly so fun to open, and reopen throughout the weekend.



These past few weeks have been difficult and often I lost touch with what really matters, and having the love and support of my best friends as they share this time with me truly made it all worth it.  My DZ's genuinely love and care for Lottie and cannot wait until they can meet her. Thank you DZ's!









1 comment: