Saturday, January 19, 2013

A friendship across the miles: My friend Lynn Marie





Who knows why or how God knew we should be friends, but He did. 

We never met, actually haven’t even been able to speak on the phone yet, but we are real friends.

 Its probably the first time in my life that I have felt such comfort and kindness with a complete stranger.  

We don’t know too much about each other, but we have one similar thing in common.

 We are waiting for our daughters, and they lay next to each other every night in China.


Lynn Marie and I met because of our daughters, but I feel there is a greater reason why we have become fast friends.  Together we listen, support, and share our stories; together we wait patiently and sometime not so patiently.  We answer questions and are there to just listen. We are wide awake in the middle of the night typing on our phones, sending messages back and forth.  We cry for each other's great moments and felt the pain during the hard times. I am so thankful for Charlotte and cannot believe I have been chosen to be her Mama, but I realize there are also great things connected to her. With our Charlotte, I would have never met Lynn Marie, and its like God knew we should be friends and gave us our daughters to watch the friendship blossom. Its pretty remarkable actually.





No comments:

Post a Comment