Saturday, January 19, 2013

The pieces of her story



So I had to share my scrapbook for Lottie.  I am a bit of a perfectionist and enjoy scrap-booking, but due to my OCD, my scrap-booking projects take forever!  Four years later I still work on our wedding scrapbook!

I knew I wanted to be able to document our adoption process and wanted it to be simple, fast, but still a wonderful artifact for my daughter.  One day she can look at her story and learn all about her adoption.

This amazing book was kind of a mistake, in an attempt to organize all the pieces, I began storing them in a journal, until I decided the inevitable, if I don't finish this project now I will never finish it!  So I just began ripping (yes I know! not even using straight edges: Insert gasp).  Then I began a sort of index titled The pieces of my story.  I explained each piece, scrap of paper and envelope. Each piece has a story and each piece can tell Lottie about her journey into our family. 

What a wonderful mistake it turned out to be!  I just adore the randomness, and it really is the pieces of her story! I never would have imagined I would love an unorganized mess as much as I do.  I am so glad I gave up the straight edge perfectionist style!  I decided to make a similar book for our trip to China. 


No comments:

Post a Comment