Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's the little things... What it means to me Jiayin Designs Contest

What it means to me Jiayin Designs Contest



In life, it is often the little things that make a big impact, and I have learned so much throughout my journey of adoption: patience, kindness, love, strength, faith.  All of these lessons have changed my perception and outlook on life, and frankly have made me a better person. Although this journey is not for the faint of hearts, it is worth it!

Many ask me: How do you do it? sometimes I'm not even sure how I do it! But I often catch myself saying, "it's the little things that get me through"...I've waited for almost 2 years the little things have helped.  It's the little things: a letter from a dear friend, a surprise email with a photo of my beautiful daughter, just-because-flowers, and wearing my Jiayin pendent.  Since day one, I have worn my Mama necklace it makes me feel connected to my Lottie Lee even before I saw her sweet face for the first time.  A few months ago my husband bought a personalized charm, and everyday since I wear Lottie's Chinese name close to my heart. I adore this pendent and cannot wait to give it to my daughter one day and tell her I wore it close to my heart for our entire journey. It sounds silly, but it's sometimes the little things in life..

Why, would I enter this contest if I already have two charms? well I would love to give the charm I receive to my dear friend Lynn Marie who is waiting for her daughter.  I know it would help her get through the remainder of her journey as she awaits LID and her LOA for her sweet daughter Abby Rose.  We began the journey togther both receiving our referrals on September 20, but since we were in different parts of our journey, I will be able to travel to China before Lynn Marie.

Who knows why or how God knew we should be friends, but He did.


We never met, actually haven’t even been able to speak on the phone yet, but we are real friends.


It's probably the first time in my life that I have felt such comfort and kindness with a complete stranger.


We don’t know too much about each other, but we have one similar thing in common.


We are waiting for our daughters, and they lay next to each other every night in China.


Lynn Marie and I met because of our daughters, but I feel there is a greater reason why we have become fast friends. Together we listen, support, and share our stories; together we wait patiently and sometime not so patiently. We answer questions and are there to just listen. We are wide awake in the middle of the night typing on our phones, sending messages back and forth. We cry for each other's great moments and felt the pain during the hard times. I am so thankful for Charlotte and cannot believe I have been chosen to be her Mama, but I realize there are also great things connected to her. Without our Charlotte, I would have never met Lynn Marie, and it's like God knew we should be friends and gave us our daughters to watch the friendship blossom. It's pretty remarkable actually.


Click here to: JiayinDesigns on Facebook

Click here to: Jiayin Designs

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this story - so warms my heart and am so glad that the charms have been so meaningful to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete