Monday, March 4, 2013

Forever Lottie Lee Day

Today was a BIG day, we spent the last 24 hours with our amazing daughter.  She is simply amazing and adjusting marvelously.  We are in shock with how accepting she is-- full of smiles and life.  She drank all her bottles, slept through the night and had several diaper changes... Hooray!

So today we will finalized the adoption on the China side of things.  This involves paying the orphanage fees-yes we couldn't wire the donation and were so glad not to have to carry that much money around with us!  We signed several documents and promised never to abandon our sweet girl.  I was more emotional than I thought I would be, it just choked me up saying the oath and signing the papers, Lottie was forever ours.  She is perfect and everything that we hoped and prayed for all these years, it was as if God heard every word, every whisper. 

We returned to the same office, where we met our baby just yesterday and today we were able to look around and see the 5 other babies whose lives are changed forever.  They were all dressed in American clothes, all smiling and taking in every ounce of love.  The parents were beaming with joy, for a few moments I sat quietly rocking my baby, taking it all in.  Tears just flowed and it really was one of those moments in my life that I will never forget.  Adoption is a miracle, it is simply amazing to think that these children were orphans yesterday, but now they have the love of a family and will never be alone again.  

"I did not give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know, The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so. For us to have each other, is like a dream come true! No, I did not give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you." Author Unknown






Two years ago today we told our family & friends that we were planning on adopting from China, the journey has been long and hard at times but the reward so much greater, the love we have for our Lottie Lee is indescribable. She is amazing! We are so in love. Thank you for all the support & prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment