Friday, March 8, 2013

Leaving Xi'an


Leaving Xi'an was way harder than I anticipated, it is actually hard to type all the emotions I am feeling.  As we packed up our suitcases, I watched Lottie sleeping peacefully on the bed.  So much has changed in her little world and she has handled everything head on, fearless.  She is so strong.  Today we are leaving her province, where she was born and most likely where her biological parents live.  Shortly, we will be leaving her birthplace, and taking her back to the US. 

Today I had a heavy heart, today I felt sad, today I cried.  I looked out the window as we drove to the airport, I was truly sad to leave Xi'an behind.  This was the city that gave me my sweet Lottie, so many firsts were witnessed in our hotel room 23 floors in the sky. Her first laugh, smiles, crawls, cuddles, the list goes on and on. Saying goodbye to this wonderful city that has given us so much.  I felt silly thinking why am I so sad to leave this city but realized it was so much more- this was our beginning together as a family and my heart was so grateful for this gift.   Our guide Sherry was so very special to us, to me all of these reasons made me sad.





1 comment:

  1. I have tears just reading this. I can not totally relate but can say that I felt many of these emotions when we moved from Lago Vista after having Kylan. Being a mom brings out the emotions thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete